If your lab has been transitioned to Lumen, these quick guides will show you how to perform basic functions such as setting up your lab, completing required registrations (for labs using biological materials or radioactive materials) and submitting waste.
This page will be updated frequently as additional Lumen training materials are developed.
- Lumen PI Quick Start Guide: This guide walks you through the basics of setting up your lab, including entering hazards and assigning safety training to your lab members.
For labs using biological materials
- Lumen Biological Registration Quick Guide for PIs: This guide explains how to complete the Biological Registration for all labs using biological materials (recombinant and non-recombinant).
For labs using radioactive materials
- Lumen Radioisotope Management Module Quick Guide for PIs: This guide explains how to complete your Radioisotope Materials Registration, add new equipment and submit radioactive waste pick up requests.
- Lumen Radioisotope Management Module Quick Guide for All Users: This guide is for any lab member in a lab that uses radioactive materials. It details how to order radioactive materials, log use and submit radioactive waste pick up requests.
- Lumen RAM Labs Completing Monthly Inspections: This guide shows you how to complete and upload your monthly self-inspections.
For labs that generate hazardous waste
- Lumen Hazardous Waste Module Quick Guide: This guide details how to submit a hazardous waste pick up request for chemical waste, batteries, bulbs, high hazard chemicals and surplus chemicals.