Chemical shipments must be prepared by the Research Safety staff. Research Safety will package, mark, and label each container and certify that each container is in compliance with applicable regulations.
In order to ship a chemical, please complete a Hazardous Materials Shipping Request in NSIS. Research Safety will contact you with instructions for purchasing or obtaining appropriate packaging for your shipment.
After you have obtained packaging, contact Research Safety to schedule a time to complete the shipment.
- Research Safety staff will schedule time to package, mark and label the shipment.
- Arrangements will be made with an appropriate courier, depending on whether the shipment is domestic or international.
- Domestic shipments are sent via FedEx.
- International shipments are sent via a variety of carriers depending on the type of material.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you once the package has shipped.
- The lab must provide a chart string suitable for shipping, either via FedEx or another carrier.
- Please note that it may take up to seven business days for the chemical shipment to be processed.
If you have any questions about the shipping process or the NSIS module, please email email@example.com or contact Research Safety.