Employees covered by the University's Bloodborne Pathogens Program are entitled to receive the Hepatitis B Vaccination series at no cost. If the worker was previously immunized, they are eligible for a titer to determine immunity.
To receive the vaccination, workers must follow these steps:
- The worker must complete Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- The worker must complete the Hepatitis B vaccination consent/waiver form and submit it to Research Safety. This verifies that they have been made aware of the vaccination availability and have accepted, declined, or indicated previous immunization.
- If you are an NSIS user, complete the form in NSIS (in the "registrations" menu)
- If you are not an NSIS user, contact Dr. Andrea Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3-8300
- The worker must complete the Clinic Passport for their campus. The PI or supervisor must provide a chart string from an appropriate account to ensure payment. The employee is NOT responsible for payment.
- The worker should contact their campus occupational health provider to schedule the vaccination series (3 shots over a 6-month period).
- Chicago - NMPG Corporate Health, 676 N. St. Clair, 9th Floor, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60611, Phone: (312)926-8282
- Evanston - Northshore University HealthSystem OMEGA, 2650 Ridge Ave, Suite 4225, Evanston, IL 60201, Phone (847)657-1700
Follow all instructions provided by the occupational physician.