LUMEN User Manuals
These quick guides will show you how to perform basic functions such as setting up your lab, completing required registrations (for labs using biological materials or radioactive materials) and submitting waste.
This page will be updated as additional Lumen training materials are developed.
- Lumen PI Quick Start Guide: This guide walks you through the basics of setting up your lab, including entering hazards and assigning safety training to your lab members.
For labs using biological materials
- eIBC Researcher's Guide: Effective April 2022, Biological Registrations must be completed using the eIBC system. This guide explains how to complete the Biological Registration in eIBC. For more information, see the eIBC page.
For labs using radioactive materials
- Lumen Radioisotope Management Module Quick Guide for PIs: This guide explains how to complete your Radioisotope Materials Registration, add new equipment and submit radioactive waste pick up requests.
- Lumen Radioisotope Management Module Quick Guide for All Users: This guide is for any lab member in a lab that uses radioactive materials. It details how to order radioactive materials, log use and submit radioactive waste pick up requests.
- Lumen RAM Labs Completing Monthly Inspections: This guide shows you how to complete and upload your monthly self-inspections.
- Lumen Ordering Radioactive Materials: This guide show you how to request radioactive materials through Lumen.
For labs that generate hazardous waste
- Lumen Hazardous Waste Module Quick Guide: This guide details how to submit a hazardous waste pick up request for chemical waste, batteries, bulbs, high hazard chemicals and surplus chemicals.