Biological Safety Cabinet Certification Process
CEPro will need the following information in order to certify your Biological Safety Cabinet:
- Contact name, address, phone number, email and location (building, room, floor, lab name)
- Quantity and type of units needing certification (biosafety cabinet or laminar flow clean bench)
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving the above information, CEPro will contact you to schedule an appointment.
All BSCs to be certified must have all items removed and the cabinet must be properly decontaminated:
- Use a freshly prepared solution of 10% bleach followed by an additional wipe down with 70% ethanol or water.
- If equipment is used in the BSC, the cabinet should be certified with that equipment in place; please discuss this with the CEPro technician.
- All equipment must be surface decontaminated.